- Small, fleshy, grainy bumps
- Flesh-colored, white, pink or tan
- Rough to the touch
- Don't bite fingernails as warts occur more often in skin that has been broken.
- In order to avoid spreading the virus, don't brush, clip, comb or shave areas that have warts. If ytouch a wart, wash hands carefully afterwards.
- The virus that causes warts can contaminate nail files or pumice stones that may be using to reduce the size of warts. So don't use these tools on areas of body that don't have warts.
- Don't pick at warts as it may spread the virus. Consider covering warts with an adhesive bandage to discourage picking.
- Keep hands dry because warts are more difficult to control in a moist environment.