- Production of sputum with clear, white, yellowish-gray or green in color
- Slight fever and chills
- Chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Weakened immune system
- Bad colds
- Hospital stays
- Avoid lung irritants by wearing mask when the air is polluted or exposed to irritants, such as paint or household cleaners with strong fumes.
- Use a humidifier which warm, moist air helps relieve coughs and loosens mucus in airways.
- Avoid cigarette smoke as it increase the risk of chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Many cases of acute bronchitis result from influenza, a virus. Getting a yearly flu vaccine can help protect from getting the flu.
- To reduce risk of catching a viral infection, wash hands frequently and get in the habit of using hand sanitizers.
- Eat immune supportive foods that rich in antioxidant to help repair damage in body.
- Water is vital for immune function and healthy lungs which need to drink 2-2.5 L of water daily.